Students may consult the Transferology website to see how past coursework has transferred to UCLA. Transferology is an advisory tool only, and does not guarantee transferability. Actual course transferability is subject to change without notice, at the discretion of the UCLA Registrar’s Office and Undergraduate Admission.
Guidance for courses not listed on Transferology is not given until a final transcript is received by UCLA.
Students should follow these guidelines to have courses considered for credit:
- attend a regionally accredited U.S. college or university, or a recognized international university
- take academic courses substantially similar to those offered by the University of California
- take all courses in proper sequence
- not take courses that repeat material already completed in another college- or university-level course
- not take courses concurrently with enrollment in UCLA regular-session (fall, winter, spring) courses
Final approval of how coursework transfers to UCLA is made only when a complete, official transcript with grades has been received. When coursework has been completed, the offering institution must send the transcript to UCLA Undergraduate Admission, 1147 Murphy Hall, Box 951436, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1436.