The College and schools set a maximum number of units in which a student may enroll. Students must petition to enroll in excess units.

Study list unit limits for the College and each school appear below. A petition is required to request excess units; submit petition at the appropriate College or school advising office.

College or School Units
College of Letters and Science 19
Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science 21
Herb Alpert School of Music 20
Meyer and Renee Luskin School of Public Affairs 19
School of the Arts and Architecture 20
School of Nursing 20
School of Theater, Film, and Television 19