Use these forms to apply for an exemption from nonresident tuition, petition for residence classification, appeal a classification, or submit a statement of legal residence after a leave of absence or when applying for readmission.

  • Petition for Residence Classification

    Continuing nonresident students may petition for classification as a California resident for tuition purposes

  • Nonresident Tuition Exemption Application

    Certain students may be eligible for an exemption from nonresident tuition; learn more about eligibility requirements

  • Statement of Legal Residence

    All resident and nonresident students, including those returning from leave and applying for readmission, must file an SLR

  • Application to Appeal Nonresident Classification

    Appeals are handled by UC Office of General Counsel; disagreement with campus decision is not grounds for appeal