If an original diploma is lost or destroyed, it can be replaced. A diploma can be re-issued with a new legal name.

Most UCLA graduates can use the MyUCLA Diploma Request feature or a Replacement Diploma Request form to order a replacement diploma if the original has been lost or destroyed, or to request re-issue of a diploma after a graduate’s legal name change. Students who graduated prior to 1981—and all graduates of the schools of dentistry, law, and medicine—must use the Replacement Diploma Request form. Diploma orders cannot be taken by phone.

Download Replacement Request

The replacement diploma bears a re-issue date and the signatures of current state and University officials. A replacement/special-order diploma fee applies. After receipt of a replacement request, the new diploma is available in approximately three weeks.

New Legal Name

To request that a replacement diploma be re-issued in a new legal name, and to change that name on UCLA records, submit a Legal Name Change or Correction form in addition to the replacement request. Evidence of a court order changing the legal name is required.

Download Name Change form


Students should submit either completed form in person or by mail to the Registrar’s Office student service windows. No-fee and BruinBill charge orders only may be faxed to 310-206-4520.