Students who completed courses at other institutions are responsible for having transcripts sent to UCLA Admission for review and application of credit toward graduation.

Students who take courses at a college or university other than UCLA should check with their college or school counselor or departmental major adviser to determine if the courses apply toward their graduation requirements. Students in the College can view GE articulation agreements on the College Academic Counseling website.

Once students complete the courses, they must have the other institution send transcripts to UCLA Undergraduate Admission, 1147 Murphy Hall, Box 951436, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1436. They must also go to the Undergraduate Admission office to submit a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request to initiate a credit evaluation. For more information see their website on Transfer Credit.

Transfer students (who attended another college or university prior to attending UCLA) should discuss transfer credit with their College or school counselor and/or departmental adviser.

Although the Admission office may grant unit or subject credit for work completed at another institution, the work may not necessarily apply to specific UCLA degree requirements (i.e., general education or major requirements). Contact a College, school, or major advisor regarding specific credit applications and limitations. Also, be aware of the residence requirements, which are specific to the College or school.